Monday, April 25, 2011

Doing it Because You Can

There are mornings when I would really rather not get out of bed.  Really.  But I think of people who no longer have the option of getting out of bed, and I figure that I don't want my choice to get out of bed or to not get out of bed taken away, so up I get, and put two feet on the floor.  It's not that I'm especially keen on getting out of bed, it's just that given the ability to, I should do it every day, as who knows when that ability might be taken away and I will spend all my time in bed (horribly hooked up to tubes and machines that go "ping!").  So I get up.  And I dress for my day, either for work at the workplace or for chores around the house.

I also find consolation in being able to go to work, for, once again, not everyone has that option.  I take the opportunity to play/work around the house (chores) and take pleasure in it, because it lets me be free.

People who don't choose to work their property lose their choice to eat untainted food and lose a great measure of personal freedom over their own destiny. (and then they become the walking dead... you've seen it)  So, I do it because I can, I'd rather keep swimming upstream instead of allowing myself to drift downstream into the jaws of the GOONS and those that would take away my freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment