Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What if We Didn't Notice?

S.D. and I went on our annual state fair date, and among the shuffling hordes, shuffling along, were likely plenty of zombies.  These zombies were easily placated by fried foodstuffs on a stick, but it brought my attention up sharp!  If we were at a populous event and the ZA broke out, would we even notice until it was too late?

Unlike most (S.D. included), I have a strong mental map of the fairgrounds, so escape would not be difficult if necessary, but many other there would become brainy appetizers.  It also occurred to me that perhaps zombies would be easily distracted by shiny 4H displays and crop art, it seemed so at the time.

So, the next day, at home, we took a few more steps to make the house secure, lay in more provisions, and recuperate.  Most people won't understand or "get" the preparedness, so I just don't explain, I just let them think we're nuts.  It's a strategy that works.

Do you know your escape plan for when the time comes?  It could be mighty important!

No comments:

Post a Comment