Sunday, January 23, 2011

Getting in Shape to Outrun the Undead

As we don't quite know when the undead will actually rise and start coming after us, it's a good idea to get in shape so we won't become victims ourselves.  Shufflers are pretty easy to outrun, but when the switch hits (my guess is that it will be TSA inspired) and shufflers turn into rage, we had better be ready to RUN.

I have the misfortune to have gummed up lower limbs, feet, knees, hips, toes, everything.  If someone wants to use me for spare parts, they had better use my mouth, as my teeth and lips are the best engineered part of the whole package. In any case, I need to get my legs so I can run and jump (in other words, escape the rage zombies), as this can't be done in my current state, I had better get cracking before spring.

Societies where people squat down close to the ground with a greater than 90 degree angle flexion of the knee have virtually no need for knee and hip replacements (which I will be due for in <30 years) and very low instances of arthritis.  So, my plan is to squat in the same deep manner as these people in hopes of breaking up the arthritis, and in the meantime, strengthening my knees.

Also involved in the plan is more jumping, for power, height and distance.  There will also be carrying drills, as, if I'm in the airport when the TSA zaps one too many shufflers, I gotta run, and will likely want my bag.

I'll keep you posted on how this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment